Project Management Professional (PMP) is the most in-demand certification in the field of project management. Having the PMP certification is an announcement that you have excellent knowledge of project management, and you carry a reasonable experience in the field of project management. Our PMP online course is an excellent opportunity to help you prepare and pass the PMP exam on your first take.
There is also the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification. It is an entry-level certification to get started in the field of project management.
The Project Management Institute offers both PMP and CAPM certifications. Eligibility requirements for these certifications are mentioned below in the FAQ tab. However, we strongly recommend that you obtain more information about the requirements from the PMI website.
The details of the PMP online course, with various options offered by GetxInstitute, are as follows.
|Individual subscription fee**||$89||$249||$279|
|PMP on-demand course||-||✔||✔|
| ► 200 on-demand videos||-||✔||✔|
| ► 400 practice questions for quick check of concepts comprehension||-||✔||✔|
| ► Motivational badges for in-course achievements||-||✔||✔|
| ► Covers PMBOK 6th edition & PMI's code of ethics and professional conduct||-||✔||✔|
|Full length simulated PMP sample tests||3 (600 questions)||-||3 (600 Questions)|
| ► Detailed explanation of answers||✔||-||✔|
| ► Simulates like real exam||✔||-||✔|
| ► Difficulty level like real exam||✔||-||✔|
| ► Unlimited test repeats||✔||-||✔|
|Contact hours/PDU certificate||15|
|Certificate of course completion||-||✔||✔|
This online PMP course includes…
- Hundreds of videos and interactive content to learn and then verify good grasp of ideas and processes
- Comprehensive curriculum covering complete Project Management Body of Knowledge (6th Edition)
- Real-life examples and case scenarios to help understand complex concepts
- Realistic sample PMP tests with difficulty level comparable to the actual exam
- Access the course from your PC, smartphone web browser, or mobile app. Switch as often as you like from one topic to another to carry on with learning.
Below are a few sample videos from the course. In the course, each video is followed by a micro-quiz to check if you understood the concepts. The micro-quizzes have 400 items in total. These are in addition to the 600 questions in sample tests.
Sample Videos from the PMP Online Course
Fantastic experience. So glad I took the course to further develop my portfolio. Kyle, Prica Group
It was easy to signup – provided all that I needed in the PMP course. Ryan, Gore Mutual
Very Interactive. It was great and I learned a lot. Amanda, Bell Canada
Very good examples from various industries and situations helped bring the content into perspective. Keith, Pestell Minerals
The flow of the course was excellent. Real-life examples provided. Farris, QM Environment
Very engaging, relevant stories that invigorated learning. Enjoyed very much. Thank you! Jason, Metis Nation of Ontario
Excellent. Very informative. Good past examples were very helpful. Diana, York Region
Very well presented. Clarified many concepts with clear examples. Ivan, Handling Specialty
Greatly organized course. Dragana, Global Affairs, Government of Canada
Very detailed information. Covers all areas very well. Jay, Aarkel Tools
Lots of interesting practical examples and tips for the PMP exam. Highly recommended. Jean, Co-op Development Foundation
Group options and discounts
- Please contact us for the group and corporate discount information.
- Explore the membership option if you are also interested in attending an instructor-led classroom course.
Below is a high-level outline.
Introduction to the course
- How to get contact hours/PDU?
- Eligibility criteria for the PMP® exam and exam application process
- PMP exam format and content
- How to prepare for the PMP exam and pass on the first try
Foundational Elements and Project Environments
- Understand project and project management
- Project, program and portfolio management & organizational strategy
- Difference between projects and operations
- Product and project life cycles & types of project life cycles
- Project data, information, and tailoring
- Business documents, success measures, and project selection methods
- Identify Enterprise Environmental Factors (EEFs)
- Understand the impact of Organizational Process Assets (OPAs)
- Organizational structures, culture, and influences
- Project delivery issues in various organizational structures
- Role of a project management office
Role of a Project Manager
- Influence of the project manager
- Project manager competencies and powers
- Leadership vs. management and leadership styles
- Personality traits of a project manager
- Identify and integrate processes and activities
- Develop project charter and project management plan
- Manage project work and project knowledge
- Monitor work and control changes using the change control board
- Close project or a phase of a project
- Define and manage the project scope
- Facilitate collection of requirements using interviews, workshops, group creativity, and decision-making techniques
- Manage changes to requirements through traceability matrices
- Write a detailed scope statement
- Create the Work Breakdown Structure through decomposition
- Set the scope baseline and analyze variances
- Define and sequence activities
- Estimate activities duration with analogous, parametric, bottom-up and/or three-point techniques
- Develop the schedule using the Precedence Diagramming Method
- Make schedules realistic using critical path analysis, resource optimization, and schedule compression techniques
- Write the cost management plan and estimate costs
- Develop the budget and establish the cost baseline
- Identify costs and calculate performance baseline
- Assess Earned Value Management (EVM) key dimensions, variances, and indices
- Forecast project time and cost with EVM
- Understand Cost of Quality – conformance, non-conformance
- Prevent non-conformance through quality management plan and metrics
- Perform continuous improvements by managing quality
- Understand the use of seven basic tools of quality e.g. control charts, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.
- Implement quality metrics and audits
- Develop resource management plan including the staffing management plan
- Create hierarchical and matrix charts (RAM & RACI)
- Acquire and develop the project team
- Recognize and reward performance
- Understand motivational theories and apply conflict resolution techniques
- Control project resources
- Develop the communications plan
- Understand the communication model and appropriate uses of various communication methods and technologies
- Manage communications effectively and efficiently
- Apply communication theory and the levels of power
- Identify risks and risk awareness
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Develop and implement risk responses & audit risks
- Evaluate Expected Monetary Value (EMV)
- Perform Decision Tree Analysis
- Perform make-or-buy analysis
- Choose an appropriate contract type and establish source selection criteria
- Solicit and evaluate bids. Improve the quality of bids
- Control contract and resolve contractual disputes
- Identify project stakeholders
- Analyze stakeholders and their expectations using various techniques
- Create a stakeholder engagement plan
- Manage and monitor stakeholders’ engagement to increase their support for the project
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Understand the PMI® Code of Professional Conduct and responsibility to the profession and to the society at large
- Balance the interests of stakeholders
- Do the right thing at the right time
Sample PMP Tests
- 3 full-length tests
- Each test has 200 questions
- Each test is 4 hours long
- Simulated like the real test
Who is it for?
If you fall in any of the following categories then this course is for you.
- A PMP aspirant who needs the 35 hours of project management training and/or a detailed review of the PMBoK guide.
- A certified PMP who is looking for PDU for CCR requirements and also wishes to refresh the project management knowledge based on the latest PMBOK guide
- Someone new to project management who needs an introduction to project management while also collecting valuable training hours to qualify for the exam later
This course will be highly beneficial to professionals in the following roles:
- Project analyst/coordinator/leader/manager/director
- Project team members e.g. designer, developer, architect, engineer, tester, inspector, etc.
- Participants in analyst/coordinator roles will find this course particularly useful in the performance of their work
- Another group that will receive high value from this course consists of functional and resource managers, and professionals from sales and marketing, operations, supply chain, human resources, finance, etc.
If you are in doubt, please email or call us and we can help you determine how much value you can get from this course.